The first step to your beautiful, bespoke ceremony from Nikki Wood at Perfect Words Ceremonies.
Your Wedding Ceremony is the heart of your day and many couples are choosing a Wedding Celebrant over a Registrar to create a beautiful unique ceremony that is personal to them. Nikki Wood of Perfect Words Ceremonies, is a fully qualified, experienced Celebrant and will work with you to create the perfect, unique ceremony that reflects the love you share, your values and personalities.
Here are some questions Nikki is regularly asked:-
Do I have to have a Registrar officiate my ceremony at a venue licensed for civil marriages?
No! You have a choice. When booking the venue many couples do not realise that they have a choice of who conducts their wedding ceremony. If you are recently engaged and looking for your perfect venue, it is so important for you to understand that you not only have a say in your choice of flowers and entertainment but also who officiates your ceremony.
What is the difference between a Registrar and a Celebrant?
The main difference between the two is the legal aspect; Registrars are employed by the local authority and are responsible for the administration of registering births, marriages and deaths, they are authorised to conduct legally binding marriage ceremonies.
Celebrants on the other hand are self-employed and create non-legally binding celebration ceremonies; by separating the legal registration of marriage from their Wedding Ceremony couples are able to have a beautifully scripted ceremony that is tailor-made and personal to them. Couples can complete the legal formalities in a “no frills” service at a registry office for approximately £50, during the week prior to thei big day as part of their preparations, leaving the exchanging of personal vows and rings to their Celebrant led Wedding Ceremony.
Creating and delivering your ceremony is not just a job for a Celebrant, they are in a profession they love with a passion and are committed to providing an excellent service, creating wonderful memories.
For more information and inspiration check out Nikki’s website at: www.perfectwordsceremonies.co.uk, email: email@example.com or telephone: 07702 848 164.
Weekends From £700 | Midweek From £600
My fee for a UK Wedding ceremony includes travel within an hour of Oxted, Surrey. I am more than happy to travel further afield, additional mileage will be charged at 45p per mile. My fee covers the following:
- Initial no-obligation consultation either face to face if you are within an hour of my home, or via
Skype or Video Call.
- A Ceremony and Getting to know you questionnaire which I will use to write your personalised
ceremony script, if you would prefer to meet face to face/via Skype to go through the
questionnaires that is absolutely fine.
- Access to my resources; I have many readings, poems, samples of vows and mini ceremony ideas
that I can share with you.
- A beautifully crafted, personalised and bespoke ceremony script
- I will keep close contact with you either by phone or email during the whole creative process.
- Unlimited edits and revisions to ensure you are thoroughly happy with your script.
- Consultation with venue, suppliers and key people involved in the ceremony.
- Wedding rehearsal at your venue if within an hour from Oxted or a phone/Skype rehearsal.
- Complimentary mini ceremony (optional)
- Your Wedding ceremony delivered as planned. I will arrive an hour beforehand to greet you and
your guests and make sure the ceremony area and the sound system is set up.
- A professionally bound souvenir copy of your ceremony script and your signed commemorative
certificate, presented in a keepsake folder.