Top 10 Tips for: Planning a wedding!
Weddings are meant to be a joyous and special occasions which is to become a cherished memory. However, most Brides find themselves feeling stressed and overwhelmed by the amount of planning which this special day takes. These 10 tip aim to guide and aid you in having an enjoyable wedding and hopefully prevent you from any last minute disasters...
1. Start planning your wedding ahead of time... at less 12 months ahead of the wedding. This will allow you to have time to make changes and ensure your wedding is perfect for you.
2. Make decisions in advance ... such as what type of wedding you want to have, if you want a theme or not (if yes what your theme will be), colour scheme, set a date, etc.This will mean that you have a better idea of what kind of wedding you want and allow you time to change your mind.
3. Set a budget... Agree with your partner how much you wish to spend and stick to it! It might be easier to create a separate amount for the wedding. This means that you are less likely to go over your budget. This also means that you can put your wedding savings to one side and it won't be spend on something else.
4. Send wedding invitations out as soon as possible... this gives your guests time to plan around your big day and will mean that everyone you want to share your big day with will be there.
5. Choose a trust worthy friend or family member to be your best-man and bridesmaid... Remember this person is going to have to look after the rings and have important responsibilities. However, also remember to pick someone you want to share your special day with!
6. Make a Wedding emergency kit... This may include lipstick, tissues, make-up for touch-ups, mirror.... anything you may need throughout the day! Give this to one of your bridesmaids so that it is on hand throughout the day and you don't have to worry about this on the day.
7. Finalise/double check your guest list and your seating plan... make sure everyone has a place to set and that you haven't forgotten anyone. It would be a big problem if one of your guests were not on the setting plan so double check and then triple check.
8. Make sure to book the essentials... venue, cars, hair and make-up artist, flowers wedding cake, band/DJ, photographer, etc. Having these special details will make your day incredible so remember to book them. Also double check nearer the time just in case.
9. Pick a First dance song... Make sure you pick a song which both you and your partner love and agree on. The First day is a big part of a wedding day so make sure that you have this special moment planned for.
10. ENJOY YOURSELF!! This is your special day so make sure you enjoy every moment. On the day don't stress about last minute details or disasters just enjoy your big day and create memories which will last a lifetime.